UnitedHealthcare Acquisition of Peoples Health – What You Need to Know
On June 2, UnitedHealthcare entered into a preliminary agreement to acquire Peoples Health, a leading privately held provider of Medicare Advantage (MA) plans, including Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP), in Louisiana. Nothing will change about UnitedHealthcare or Peoples Health Medicare Advantage plans in 2018. Continue to serve members and consumers as you always do.
What you need to know
- The acquisition is pending due to required regulatory approvals, but we hope to complete the transaction as soon as possible.
- UnitedHealthcare and Peoples Health are committed to maintaining stability for members.
- Nothing will change about UnitedHealthcare or Peoples Health MA plans in 2018, including the plan names, benefits and provider networks.
- UnitedHealthcare and Peoples Health will continue to offer MA plans in 2019.
- Nothing will change about UnitedHealthcare or Peoples Health Medicare Advantage plans in 2018, including the plan names, benefits and provider networks. Both companies will continue to offer MA plans in 2019.
- Members should continue to call the number on the back of their ID cards if they have any questions about plans or benefits.
- Peoples Health and UnitedHealthcare are committed to open and regular communication and will provide more information once the transaction is completed.
Why is UnitedHealthcare acquiring Peoples Health?
The companies share a commitment to the health and well-being of seniors and others enrolled in Medicare. By combining UnitedHealthcare’s resources and capabilities with Peoples Health’s high-touch, personalized approach to taking care of members and deep understanding of Louisiana communities, they can offer Louisiana seniors an expanded choice of affordable plan options to meet their unique needs.